When and where is JobClub?
You'll find JobClub in the Nest at the Students' Union every Thursday, during term-time, from 10am until 12pm so you can drop by any time.
- What can we help you with? At JobClub, you can get support writing or updating a CV or Cover Letter, practising for an interview, finding jobs online, completing a skills assessment and using AI to help you land a job.
- What's on offer? Alongside the tailored support from the JobShop team, you'll get access to free printing for CVs, dedicated on-campus space to apply for part-time jobs, internet access, laptops, CV and Cover Letter templates and free tea & coffee.
Don’t know what job you want to apply for?
Need help with your CV?
Want support with preparing for an interview?
- Try using generative AI to generate potential interview questions for the role you have an interview for. We recommend using ChatGPT.
Ready to apply?
- Check out some job boards!boards!
JobShop Top Tips
Tip 1: CV
Your CV structure and content must be appropriate for the job you are applying for.
- Find advice on how to make your CV stand out from the rest here.
- Download a CV template here.
- Find out how to tailor your CV for part-time, casual jobs here.
- See CV FAQs here.
- If you are applying for your first job, you can find some good ways of writing transferrable skills here.
Tip 2: Applications
Most job applications are online or downloadable documents to fill in and send back. You may also be asked to submit your CV and a covering letter.
Tip 3: Interview
First impressions count! You’ll likely be asked some competency based questions where you’ll have to demonstrate key skills. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to prepare, plan ahead and do your research. You can get interview training from UoM Careers, click here for more information.
Tip 4: Full-time jobs
If you’re looking for full-time work, internships or graduate schemes, head over to Careers Connect to browse a range of opportunities.